Saturday, November 21, 2009

FATHER, FATHER, I HAVE SINNED...

 Yes oh, I have.
I have been going over my life lately and I realized that I have lots and lots of short comings... you have no clue. It then gets worse when I now slip into self-righteous mode. Something happened yesterday between me and some of my friends and I was really disturbed... it's all good though.. Life is beautiful

I visited Oprah's website today to check on what's up with her... I mean it is not news that she is going on retirement... I am kind of happy sha... It gives Tyra a chance to shine to the fullest! Anyways, i was just going through the site and I clicked on spirit and I saw LOADS of disturbing things. I am not perfect oh... I err in many ways that you cannot even imagine but I know one thing for sure... Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life... all the "discovering your inner self, having a connection with something greater, finding your path and the likes" are just wrong...  It's blasphemy and people are being deceived... anyways.. the post is not to bad mouth Oprah..she is an amazing person.... I am just saying that her spirit section was very disturbing...

Also checked out Maya Angelou... she is really good and the poem she did for Madea's Family Reunion "In and Out of Time" is just amazing... check it
The sun has come.
The mist has gone.
We see in the distance...
our long way home.
I was always yours to have.
You were always mine.
We have loved each other in and out of time.
When the first stone looked up at the blazing sun
and the first tree struggled up from the forest floor
I had always loved you more.
You freed your braids...
gave your hair to the breeze.
It hummed like a hive of honey bees.
I reached in the mass for the sweet honey comb there....
Mmmm...God how I love your hair.
You saw me bludgeoned by circumstance.
Lost, injured, hurt by chance.
I screamed to the heavens....loudly screamed....
Trying to change our nightmares to dreams...
The sun has come.
The mist has gone.
We see in the distance our long way home.
I was always yours to have.
You were always mine.
We have loved each other in and out
in and out
in and out
of time.


I love the POEM!!! It was recited at the wedding in the movie... but she has a new movie out about Kwanzaa.. what's the deal with that???... I hear it is based on ancient African religions.. saw some pictures of the images (look like idols).. i really dunno sha... somebody explain to me.

Afronuts challenged me to take more pictures to see if I will make a good photographer/photojournalist... I have taken them but I am having trouble transferring them.. when I do that.. Imma show you guys.

Akor, our graphics designer for YADA just wrote a wonderful poem..view it here

As regards YADA, the new issue is available here. Due to some difficulties, it is not available for download on the website but just relax... very soon it will be... Also we are gonna redesign the website and make it tighter so brace yourself.... and if you wanna contribute... check out the guidelines here

Finally, I wanna say a BIG thank you to every one who reads this blog and the Kiss & Tell blog... I really appreciate it.. to Myne (Thank you for always commenting), Azazel (Cool guy but dude you need Jesus!!! LOL), Blogoratti (thanks for the comments), Afronuts (Wait till you see my pictures), Princess X (love your stories), Bagucci my main man (He was one of the bloggers who supported YADA from when the idea came about in March... God bless you), Jabez (Have you read her article in the new YADA..she is amazing), to Muyiwa (thanks for reading too), Mr Sule (The coolest lecturer in the world and back) and YOU that I can't remember now... thank you and God bless you a trillion times!!! To my readers who are not bloggers... emJOY, Calvin, ibukun, Jaybabe... thank you so much for the support...

So I gotta go for now and please... stay locked on this blog..my pictures are coming soon

Trotcha!!!

PS: Pray for me... I need a NEW laptop and my Chapter 2 and 3 Must be ready by Tuesday!


I am making a statement....










10 comments:

  1. "I am not perfect oh... I err in many ways that you cannot even imagine but I know one thing for sure... Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life... all the "discovering your inner self, having a connection with something greater, finding your path and the likes" are just wrong... It's blasphemy and people are being deceived..."

    thats the quote from ur post, now how would u like it if i said "christianity is totally wrong, full of lies and Jesus DEFINITELY CANNOT be the son of God as per ur beliefs..." with no evidence to back up my point? I get it, its ur blog, u can post whatever you want on it, but the personal development & finding-your-inner-self industry has helped a lot of people become truly happier, more successful and feel more whole, without excluding practising religion. infact believing in our creator is a BIG&CRUCIAL factor in "finding yourself".

    Harry, I'm your friend, and this mild criticism is intended to alert u, so that ur sole opinion doesnt cloud ur judgement in ur wonderful posts...but U, as a well-known blogger now, and as u get bigger, u are gonna get far worse criticism from others who will be COLDER, HARSHER, NASTIER and UNFORGIVING if even one small point in one of your many posts disagrees with wat they think. So with a cheeky smile on my face - Get ur shit together Harry lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting pic u have up there, I like the poem....written nicely. I appreciate your stopping by my blog a few times now, hope ur laptop situation gets resolved....will be following ya

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Oprah thing has been making rounds on FB but everyone is entitled. Don't go around thinking everyone should conform to your view of the world. I love MA, her poems are great, let me go check out Kwanzaa. LOL

    Thanks for the shoutout, I really admire what you guys are doing with YADA.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol tyra gini? Come again? Lmao no way Tyra is going 2 replace oprah

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Amen... thanks
    @Dapo... I get your point and all... It is my blog and I think I am allowed to be opinionated...
    @tata... no problem..it was my pleasure
    @Myne... I am not forcing any1 2 follow my worldview... I was just saying wat i fell and thank you for admiring what we do in YADA
    @Azazel... you just never know

    ReplyDelete
  6. Still giggling at the Oprah retirement will give Tyra the chance to shine to the fullest-comment.

    Maya is excellent. I spent 2007 reading most of her books.

    Per Kwanzaa, it is an invented holiday that African Americans use to celebrate family, history, heritage et.al. It borrows heavily from certain traditions in Eastern Africa, I believe. Certainly the name is kiswahili. My Kenyan friends in college couldn't make heads or tails of it, but we Africans celebrated alongside our Afram friends and it was a huge feast of good food. Essential for all college students tired of cafeteria food.

    Anyway, hope all is well and congrats on Yada. Get those chapters done though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @SOLOMONSYDELLE thank you so much..and I love your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. keep em comin harry...:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oprah never said she was a Christian. She follows 'Spirituality' as does most of Hollywood.

    ReplyDelete

Oya you sef talk ya own!!!