Thursday, November 6, 2008

The Real Deal

I am Nigerian, will be and wold always be. Yes, I could happen and sometimes love to know the happenings around the globe but please I would not be obsessed with another countries joy. I am happy that a Black man is ruling America, really I am but some Nigerians are taking it to the extreme. Most of the Nigerians who followed the American elections have never before followed that of their country.

Do not get me wrong, I don't have a problem with President Barack Obama, in fact I am HAPPY that he is the new president of the United States, seeing as he is the one who can cause a change in that society. My point is for Nigerians reading this to tty and be more interested in our Nation's politics the way we were with that of the Americans. i know y'all will say, corruption and blah blah blah but also remember that your little seeds of patriotism to your country will reap an abundantly harvest soon. Maybe not in this generation but in the one to come.

Till my next post...

I am still The Talkaholic!


3 comments:

  1. It's a great thing that Obama became president... it is World victory.. not just an American one... I do admit however that Nigerians should take a more active role in their electoral processes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes oh it is the same way with TV, Clothes, Lifestyleand now american politics has just been added in full force to the long list of things. NO one wants anything nigerian anymore besides music i guess....but everyone wants to copy America and I would say are American Addicts..lol Imagine some people actually celebrate some American holidays in naija . Its crazy ..soon or later they'd be celebrating july 4th instead of October 1st.
    i for one followed both elections....Nigerias, because i am one and the US because i live here.

    ReplyDelete

Oya you sef talk ya own!!!