Friday, January 30, 2009

Mamma Mia!!!Love Actually Is Eveywhere!!!!!!

Mamma Mia!

Have you seen the movie? Starring Meryl Streep and Pierce Brosnan. OMG! It is amazing. I liked the fact that Meryl Streep was not looking all uptight and she cracked a move or too...I cannot get over the movie, even though it has some... scenes and all that are not good but the movie is wonderful. Anytime I see a movie, I focus on the good points and the good points were the importance of friendship, family and the joy of CONTENTMENT. There were also famous ABBA renditions like Mamma Mia and Dancing Queen. It is a musical comedy and one of my personal favourites..after Hairspray though.

Then I watched... Love Actually. OMG! The tag line is love actually is everywhere or love is actually everywhere (one of the two)...not sure which one. Anyways, I enjoyed the movie. It is a British romantic comedy starring, Hugh Grant (alwyas loved him), Colin Firth (He was in Mamma Mia), Laura Linney, Emma Thompson (Nanny Mcphee), Keira Knightley (Pirates of the Caribean), Nigerian's own Chiwetel Ejiofor and the famous Rowan Atkinson A.K.A Mr Bean.

Well, the movie features various love stories that connect a the movie progresses and yes like Mamma Mia it has those kinda scenes, but the thing about this movie is that it focuses mainly on the importance of love and not love as sex but love as what it is..beautiful. We see Hugh Grant, torn between his reputation as Prime Minister and going out with one of his workers. We see Colin Firth in love with his Portugese housekeeper and goes to learn the language 'cause of her. We see Laura Linney making a choice between the guy she has loved for two years or her brother who is in an institution... the movie is just...almost perfect.

Yea, there are some glitches and things I don't agree with but the fact remains that the movie is wonderful teaching the importanc eof love between friends, family and also among lovers. It really has made me think about the people in my life and I NEED TO TELL THEM I LOVE THEM! I love you mum, I love you dad, Love you my siblings, love you YWAP!!! I love you every blogger who blogs well...

So if you have not seen these movies go watch them. They are all on DVD and I know you will enjoy them. I will hola soon. I need to go watch Eagle Eye. It stars Shia LaBeouf, Rosario Dawson and Billy Bob Thornton and I hear it is amazing.

Till my next post...

I reamin The Talkaholic

3 comments:

  1. if i say i do not feel you; i lie. you are really a talkaholic.good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great movies, both of them. Saw mama mia, didnt really enjoy it, but its nice. lovely. Going to see Seven Pounds, hear its amazing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Amakapreneur and Momoh, I have Seven Pound on the waiting list

    ReplyDelete

Oya you sef talk ya own!!!