Monday, January 19, 2009

truly Beautiful

Hola! I am here again and I am so happy. Exams are almost through and God has shown himself strong in my papers. Another reason I am happy is because of the wonderful things God has been teaching me this past few weeks. I have learnt so much and he has been giving me a Word for you again. Trust me; I deliver it as He says. Sometimes I do not believe what he is telling me but He has said it so I have to say it so listen up people!

Life is beautiful. Amidst the pain and all the anguish, it is still beautiful. Trust me, this is something I know and is confirmed by the Word. Life is so beautiful. We have everything we need and more.

I know what it feels to know pain, depression, to want to fit in, to wonder if there is a God, to wonder why nothing works together for your good even when you believe. Yes, I have been down that road before and it is not an easy road but the Word from the Lord is that He hath made every [thing] beautiful in his time (Ecc 3:11a). Matthew’s Henry Concise Commentary says:

Everything is as God made it; not as it appears to us. We have the world so much in our hearts, are so taken up with thoughts and cares of worldly things, that we have neither time nor spirit to see God's hand in them. The world has not only gained possession of the heart, but has formed thoughts against the beauty of God's works. We mistake if we think we were born for ourselves; no, it is our business to do good in this life, which is short and uncertain; we have but little time to be doing good, therefore we should redeem time. Satisfaction with Divine Providence is having faith that all things work together for good to them that love him. God doeth all, that men should fear before him. The world, as it has been, is, and will be. There has no change befallen us, nor has any temptation by it taken us, but such as is common to men.

From this, we see that we need to TAKE A BREAK! I mean, everything has being worked out for us. All we need to do is trust God enough that even though you have been through so much pain; your pain would be turned to beauty. I think we should get to a point where we begin to look at the big picture. Even the world tells us to look at things by looking at the big picture. The mere thought of heaven should be an encouragement to us. Paul, The Apostle said ‘for I reckon that the sufferings of this present time [are] not worthy [to be compared] with the glory which shall be revealed in us’ (Rom 8:18). This verse of scripture is so amazing and it is one of my personal favourites. Trust me, when Paul wrote this, he was suffering more than any of us can imagine. However, in the midst of his sufferings and persecution he could say this. I mean come on people. We can do it. Just trust God, I know I may not know how much you are hurting or what you are going through exactly but remember 'He gives beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that He might be glorified' (Isa 61:3). God wants to take the glory. He wants a situation that when he steps into your situation, HE AND ONLY HE will get the glory. So my dear friend, take a chill pill, get your dance on ‘cause your glory is coming back. Life is beautiful, Baby! Enjoy... God ‘no dey’ disappoint.

Till my next post,

I remain, The Talkaholic

Trotcha!



PS: Recommended songs: Hillsong: Blessed, Now That You’re Near, All of My Days and You Are My World

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oya you sef talk ya own!!!