Tuesday, May 26, 2009

On Loving...

My friends and I have been studying love lately and we are trying to explore what and how we are supposed to love. We have been able to establish the main fact that true love is actually rooted in God and all but now we want to explore the depth of this love. DJ MAJ in one of his hit songs 'Love (So)Beautiful' featuring Liquid Beats, he says that true love is rooted in God. That line got me thinking. Love is rooted in God. The most popular scripture in the world flashes in my mind...

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life (KJV)

What an amazing scripture that was but it is what Jesus tells his disciples that makes me understand that scripture we

John 15:13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends (KJV)

With this I realize one thing, the only great act of love performed by anyone was done over 2,000 years ago and it is only in Him you can find true, genuine and sincere love. It is just too amazing. I used to wonder a lot why God told Hosea to marry a prostitute but soon I realized that God wanted to show Hosea why even after Israel sins and follows other gods, He will still call them back... after punishing them though

It is with this I realize that to love ANYONE AT ALL, I have to is go to the source. This is where 1st Corinthians 13 comes in. I am so excited! Don't worry...we are still exploring and I will keep updating you with more information.

Till my next post,

I remain,

The Talkaholic

Trotcha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oya you sef talk ya own!!!