Wednesday, December 17, 2008

No More Laughter by Nuru Jay Agbaje


I dedicate this poem to all victims of sexual abuse.
Rise up, you're still God's beautiful child.

I heard her voice every single day, laughing.
Rich bubbly sounds of pure emotion unsoiled by mature thoughts
Of cynicism.
When she laughs, it is a true
Sincere feeling.
I wish I could laugh like that… again.

I heard her voice every single night, laughing
Ringing peals of joyous delight unscarred by mature experiences
Of unfaithfulness.
When she laughs, she knows
Safety and peace of mind.
I wish I could laugh like that… again.

I heard her voice each and every day, laughing
Harmonious sounds of welcome untainted by mature doubts
Of motives
When she laughs, she trusts
Enjoyable people are here to play.
I wish could laugh like that… again

I heard other voices one dark night, raging
Bitter sounds of disgust charged with mature emotions
Of sympathetic anger
I saw her then, she was hurt
Innocence savagely stolen in the evening.
Now she would never laugh like that… again

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oya you sef talk ya own!!!