Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The Veritas Conflict by Shaunti Feldhahn



I just finished 'The Veritas Conflict' by Shaunti Feldhahn and I loved it. From the day I laied my eyes on that book I knew I was going to love it. Being a huge fan of Frank Peretti and Ted Dekker, the book looked like one I was going to love.

The plot follows Claire Rivers, an undergraduate of Harvard University who comes to an environment where being Christian is the same as being intolerant. With a Christian professor and his Teaching Assistant, Claire uncovers many secrets of the school that was founded on the foundations of Jesus Christ. The school that had the original motto "Veritas, Christo et Ecclesiae" means "Truth for Christ and the Church"

Although the book is a work of fiction, the reader is able to learn a lot about how Harvard University operates and also the relation between the spiritual and the physical. The spiritual warfare in the book is well explained, makes me remember Frank Peretti's 'Piercing The Darkness'. This is my first book by Shaunti but I am so going to buy her other books. She is an author that needs to be reckoned with.

Go get your copy of Veritas Conflict...NOW!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Okay, whose style would you categorize her as having? Ted Dekker's or Frank Peretti?

    I am not a great great frank peretti fan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started reading about 6 books of Ted Dekker then I read House by both Dekker and Peretti before reading Peretti's "The Present Darkness". I moved onto Veritas Conflict and I'm almost done. It would be more like Peretti's Present Darkness but much better. And I actaully enjoyred Peretti. I'm returning Veritas COnflict to the library and then go buy the book. My very first novel that I've ever bought so you guessed it, after oh...about 50 novels read in my lifetime, this is the first one I will buy on my own! That's something!

    ReplyDelete

Oya you sef talk ya own!!!