Tuesday, August 24, 2010

In God's Waiting Room

Please, you have to read this spoken word piece. Click here
******************************************************************************
The place is dark, very dark. The only light in the room comes from glow-in-the-dark wristbands. There are lots of people in this room and I can hear them but cannot see them. We are eagerly anticipating the arrival of The Light. Every once in a while the light comes and takes some people away. Thing is you have to be ready. The stronger your wrist band glows, the stronger your chances of getting picked.

The thing about this room is you come in here voluntarily. You figure out that there is so much more to life that is available in your comfort zone and then you decide to try something different. You decide to be used by The Light.

Walking into this room means forgetting all rational thoughts and deciding to take a chance at being used extraordinarily by the light. It means not listening to what anybody has to say but trusting that The Light is called in.

You walk into the room uncertain by what tomorrow brings. Immediately you enter, there is a feeling like your slipping into a dark hole. Getting to this stage, your motivation is that irrespective of the present situation, the darkness will give way for The Light. All I have to do is be patient and make sure I keep my wristband glowing.

This is where I am now. God's Waiting Room. It is not a very exciting place to be in but I am here anyways. The thing is that when I wait on God, he renews my strength like the eagles. I will run and not be weary and I will walk and not faint. His light will shine in my darkness and my darkness will not comprehend it.

This is NOT a sad post. It is a VICTORY post. The Light is coming and when it comes...

BRACE YOURSELF!!!!!!

Trotcha!


Sent from my BlackBerry wireless device from MTN

5 comments:

  1. "The thing is that when I wait on God, he renews my strength like the eagles. I will run and not be weary and I will walk and not faint. "

    Nice. Thanks for the reminder, Mr. Harry.

    Hoping all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surely the light will come. The waiting room is not a bad place to be because it is temporary and you learn the most lessons of your life there(reminds me of 2 messages -http://heartofalovingfather.blogspot.com/2010/08/working-all-through-night.html and http://erolyrics.blogspot.com/2007/10/in-waiting-room.html)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So so true.Everything around me for the past 2days has been preaching this from devotional..to friends..and now ur post. I think we need to slow down (wait on God) to move fast. Nice word Harry. Keep it going.

    ReplyDelete

Oya you sef talk ya own!!!