Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The Power of New Media

I think my generation is "dulling"

God has blessed us with the internet and we have absolutely no idea what to use this innovation for. We would rather Facebook all day than do anything else. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE FACEBOOK but that is not all we can use the new media technologies for. If only they could see that.

The internet is a universal database of information. Anything you are looking for is at your fingertips. There are many how-to websites available for you to learn things. Also, there is free access to the content of many media organisations. For example, I love Time Magazine but cannot afford to subscribe to them so what I do is go to their website and I have access to their content.

I could go on and on but my point is this; think outside the box. Facebook and Twitter is not all the internet can do. There is so much you can do. Taste and see. Experience the power of the new media.


Sent from my BlackBerry wireless device from MTN

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree. It's amazing how educated one can be from 924 RSS feeds, in my case. I nibble on bits and pieces, slowly but surely reading each one (even if over the space of a week).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Facebook, Twitter can be used to learn and share information, but, yes, our generation tends to use it more or only for trivialities.

    Right on with your blog, harry!


    Udechukwu Nonso Osita
    Taciturn Turned Talkative
    http://uononso.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Oya you sef talk ya own!!!